If we talk about difference between Website design and development. First thing, we think website designer is who design the website and website developer is who develop the website. Today we will discuss more in details about the difference and their roles between the both.
Website designer is who design the website, their layout, look and feel of the website, banner for the website and theme for the website. Website designer transforms a story or idea into the visual design and build layout of the website accordingly. Designer is the one who design the menu, colour coding and what will come where in the website. Graphic designing, logo designing, branding and placement of content and selection of colour are also designed by designer.
Main Roles of Website Designer:
• A Web Designer uses software like Adobe Photoshop, Framer, Illustrator or Sketch to design the website.
• A web designer design logical layout for the website.
• A web designer needs to update the layout of the website according to the market trend and try to introduce new features on the website.
• A web designer must have good knowledge about graphic and logo design.
• A web designer must know how to design a website with a rich user interface, which should be user friendly and easy to use.
• They also need to design the proper slot where all the elements of the website will fit such as images, buttons, menu, content and other general formats.
Website Development is the one who develop the website according to the designers layout. Developer provides the life to designer design. Developer use programming language to write the code for website. Web Developers are generally two types: first one is Front end developer and second one Back end developer. A front-end developer is the one who builds the interface, and provides the layout as the interaction between the back-end of the website and the user. Front end developer uses HTML, CSS and JS language. Back-end developers are those who control the server data and requests. Usually a website requires back-end services if it is dynamic content. For example, users submitting a form with personal data, or saving an article for your blog page. Generally, if the website requires data to be saved, and making it accessible at a later stage, it means that it would also need a database. Database are made possible by a direct connection from the server itself. Thus, a back-end developer then uses server languages such as PHP or ASP.NET, and writes database queries by using languages such as SQL or MySQL.
Main Roles of Website Developer:
• Building the actual interface through which a user interacts with the website. This interface is built by front-end developers using HTML, CSS, and JS languages.
• It’s the job of a front-end developer to build such an interface that could load fast on any browser and mobile device friendly.
• It’s a Job of a Front-End Developer to create such Interface which could hold dynamic content from the backend.
• Back-End developers deal with the main logic and database of the website.
• There should be clear communication between the back-end and front-end developers.
• It’s a Job of the web-developers to design the exact model that has been presented by the web-designer.